Your subscription to NBL.TV includes access to all broadcast* NBL matches and full match replays across web, ipad ,iphone and Android for a limited period depending on your subscription package (monthly or annually).
*All broadcast matches are live on smart-phone and tablet. For web all TEN matches are simulcast at time of broadcast and all other broadcast matches are live
Your subscription to NBL.TV includes access to broadcast matches and highlights where available for a limited period depending on your subscription package (monthly or annually).
Before reading this section we would highly recommend that you read "What is Streaming" so that you understand how NBL.TV delivers content. The aim of this section is to try to help you identify any issues that could be causing your stream to be degraded.
The nature of internet streaming means there are several key stages that could affect the quality (comments in brackets indicate how users would be affected):
- Issues with the host broadcast feed [all users would be affected]
- Poor encoder quality or issues with the encoder output [all users would be affected]
- Problems with the local Akamai (CDN) server that delivers the content to specific users [all users served by that server]
- Connection issues between the end user and the local Akamai server [only certain users]
- Local computer issues [only certain users]
The first 3 issues above can be monitored and controlled by NBL.TV and its partners (PERFORM & Akamai); to do so teams are employed during live events to continually monitor the performance of NBL.TV's output. If an issue is noticed they investigate the cause and resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
Unfortunately the latter 2 issues are out of the control of NBL.TV and can be based on numerous factors including incorrect mapping to a Akamai server, internet traffic and internet service provider performance. Whilst out of our control we can help you diagnose the issue and potentially help to solve it. We recommend following the steps below if you are having issues:
Step 1: please check the speed of your internet connection via www.speedtest.net at the time you are having issues. This will give you an accurate picture of your internet speed (it won't always be what your Internet Service Provider [ISP] tells you it is, particularly at times of high usage in your area). We would recommend a minimum of 5Mbps in order to stream content. Note that NBL.tv uses adaptive streaming that adjusts your stream quality on a second-by-second basis depedendant on your internet connection. This technology is used to try to avoid a situation where the stream buffers (pauses).
Step 2: visit http://www.performgroup.com/page/UserSupport/0,,12605,00.html which will tell you several important pieces of information: user, DNS & edgeserver IP addresses (this information allows us to determine whether you are connecting the the nearest edge-server to you). If you aren't then your stream quality will be poor as you are reliant on the open internet. Please take a screenshot of the page and send it to NBLTV.firstname.lastname@example.org. From there our team will be able to analyse if there are issues with your connection.
Streaming allows you to play a program straight from NBL.TV, without you having to download the program to your hard drive first.
NBL.TV works on the following basis:
Step 1: The host broadcast feed is ingested
Step 2: The feed is encoded into internet & mobile compaitable formats
Step 3: New formats are delivered to the Content Delivery Network (CDN) and then distributed around the world
Step 4: Content is requested by end user and delivered from the nearest CDN server
Why do we work with CDNs?
Virtually every media company in the world that wants to deliver content efficiently to users in an optimum manner by using CDNs. This is because no company (with the possible exception of Google/YouTube) have infrastructure distributed across the world. It is important to serve content to users from local equipment to maintain high quality and speed.
NBL.TV work with Akamai, a world leading CDN, to ensure that we have the best server coverage in Australia.
To use streaming on your computer you need to install Flash, a program which Adobe provides a version of for Windows, Macintosh and Linux.
This link will take you to a website outside NBL.TV - please note we are not responsible for content or software downloaded from external sites.
NBL.tv web product offers users two types of Video On Demand (VOD) content in order to provide you with the most choice:
As Live VOD
This content is a replay of the live stream. It can be accessed using the dropdown in the live player (the one with the on-screen functionality) via the VOD page or the video listing on home page. To change between videos simply place your mouse on the player then click on Open on the all events menu, then select the relevant game.
To view an example of this video selection functionality click here.
We generally recommend that you use this VOD content if wanting to access the game within a few days of the live event. After 5 days this content will no longer be available.
In order to provide full match replays past the 5 day period that the As Live VOD is available for we make it available via the archive system. This VOD is delivered in 3 different formats (low, medium and high) and is accessed via the more simple player on site. This content will typically be displayed in the video listings on VOD page and VOD Archive page.
We are aware of some concerns in regards to how the subscription process for NBL.tv works. As such, we would like to make sure we explain the process for the 2014-15 season in a little more detail;
- The majority of users that subscribed last season did so to a repeating subscription that will rebill on the anniversay of the initial subscription.
- We will be sending an email to all users who are due to rebill in the w/c 15/09/2014 to advise them. Likewise if you aren't due to rebil we'll get in touch to provide you with a specical offer to resubscribe for the new season.
- The price that users will be charged will be the price that was clearly stated on the price point when the user subscribed. We have not changed this follow on price point for any users who have already subscribed to ensure that we offer committed fans the best value possible.
- If we have issues charging your card you will be sent an email telling you how to update your card details.
- To check your subscription you can log into http://www.nbl.tv/my-account
- Should you have any questions you can contact us on http://www.nbl.tv/contact-nbl
- If you are new to the service you can subsribe at https://secure.nbl.tv/buy
- If you have previously registered but no longer have an account then please log in to the service and then go to https://secure.nbl.tv/buy
- Keep an eye out for exclusive offers aimed at club members, newsletter recipients and other NBL fans.
Due to our broadcast rights agreement, for web all TEN matches are simulcast at time of broadcast. They will be shown live on smart-phone and tablet.
Only the latest version of Flash, which Adobe provides for Windows, Macintosh and Linux, supports this.
This link will take you to a website outside NBL.TV and we are not responsible for content or software downloaded from external sites.
If you still experience problems and only audio is heard in full screen, check your computer's video acceleration settings.
Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) in the Click to Play window and select Settings, the first tab shown is for Display.
Remove the tick from the box next to Enable hardware acceleration.
The NBL.TV player incorporates adaptive streaming when available, so will always provide you with the best quality video available on your internet connection.
Where adaptive streaming is not available, the player will shown you three options for video quality - LOW, MEDIUM and HIGH.
Please select Forgotten Password from the Login menu
Please be assured that we have in place security measures to protect the confidentiality of your information.
You can update your personal details by using the My Account section.
Log in as normal, click the My Account link displayed on the screen, and choose Update Personal Details' to update.
My Account also allows you to update your Payment Details as well as change your email address and/or password.
You need to create a personal account before gaining access to NBL.TV by following our simple registration process.
Due to contractual constraints we are unable to provide a live stream into New Zealand. However matches will be available on Sky Sports NZ.
There are several steps that you may need to go through if you are having problems playing the content, so make sure you check all the following.
Windows XP & Vista Users:
Internet Explorer 1. Go to Tools then Internet Options2. Click on the Security tab3. Click on Custom Level4. Scroll down until you see a section labelled ScriptingUnder Active Scripting, select Enable and click OK
Apple Macintosh Users:
• Choose Tools, then Internet Options• Click on the Privacy tab• Click on the Advanced button• Tick the override automatic cookie handling box• Select Accept (or Prompt)• Click the OK button
• Choose Tools from main menu, then Options• Click on the Privacy tab• Tick the Accept cookies from Site box• Click the OK button
• Select Safari from main menu, then Preferences• Click on the Security tab• Select Always to Accept Cookies.• Click the close button.
Find more about cookies from http://www.aboutcookies.org/
This link will take you to a website outside NBL.TV and we are not responsible for content or software downloaded from external sites.
Security program settings
If you see a grey screen with no download button or error message displayed, it may be that your security program is blocking access as is not listed as a trusted site. Check your security program's settings to see how to do this.
If the programme page loads but you can't see the 'Click to Play' window, you may not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your PC.
If you already have Flash installed and reinstalling hasn't fixed the problem, you may need to perform a clean install of Flash.
Due to recent enhancements to the Adobe Flash Player installers, you can now only remove the player by using the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller. To remove Flash Player, simply download and run the appropriate uninstaller for your system using the steps below.
1. Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller:
- Windows: uninstall_flash_player.exe (205 KB) (updated 7/30/09)
- Mac OS X, version 10.3 and above: uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg (258 KB) (updated 7/30/09)
- Mac OS X, version 10.2 and below: uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg (1.3 MB) (updated 05/27/08)
- Mac OS 8.x, 9.x: uninstall_flash_player.hqx (33 KB)
2. Save the file to your system, choosing a location where you can find it (for example, your desktop). Macintosh users may need to open or 'un-stuff' the .hqx file.
3. Quit ALL running applications, including all Internet Explorer or other browser windows, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, or other Messengers. Check the Windows system tray carefully to make ensure no applications are still in memory which might be using Flash Player.
4. Run the uninstaller. This will remove Adobe Flash Player from all browsers on the system.
Note: The uninstaller cannot remove files currently in use. If you have any instances of the player open in your web browsers, instant messaging clients, stand-alone SWFs, or projectors, then the uninstaller will complete but some files may not be deleted. If this occurs, then close all of your applications and run the uninstaller again to ensure that all files are removed. Internet Explorer users may have to reboot to clear all uninstalled Flash Player ActiveX control files. If you're not certain, select the "Show Details" button in the Flash Player uninstaller. If there are any log lines that begin with "Delete on Reboot..." then you'll need to reboot BEFORE running the Flash Player installer again.
To clear the cache, please follow the instructions below depending on your web browser (If you are not sure what browser you are using, select 'Help' or 'About' from your menu bar):
IE7 (Internet Explorer 7) • Open Internet Explorer (one window only) and click on Tools then Internet Options. In the middle of the General Tab in the area relating to Temporary internet files and cookies click on Delete Files then OK. Then "delete cookies" and "delete files". Then click OK. Now press "Ctrl" and F5 together. Close and restart your browser.• Now click on Tools>Internet Options> On the Security tab set the level to Medium. Then on the Privacy tab set the Privacy level to Medium-High. • Now click on Tools>Pop Up blocker and ensure that the pop up blocker is turned off.• Delete any shortcuts to the website in "favourites" and "bookmarks"• The above should clear any corruption and force your computer to download new cookies from the site.
IE8 (Internet Explorer 8)• Open Internet Explorer (one window only) and click on Tools then Internet Options. In the middle of the General Tab in the area relating to Temporary internet files and cookies click on Delete Files then OK. Then "delete cookies" and "delete files". Then click OK. Now press "Ctrl" and F5 together. Close and restart your browser.• Now click on Tools>Internet Options> Under the Browsing History heading please select 'Delete' • Please ensure that the Cookies, Temporary Internet Folders and History boxes are checked. • Now click on Tools>Pop Up blocker and ensure that the pop up blocker is turned off.• Delete any shortcuts to the website in "favourites" and "bookmarks"• The above should clear any corruption and force your computer to download new cookies from the site.
Safari• Press Ctrl, Alt and E at the same time and this will ask you whether you wish to empty the cache - select 'Empty'• Delete any shortcuts to the website in "favourites" and "bookmarks"
Opera• Select the 'Tools' menu and Advanced• Select Cookies• You will then need to delete the cookies one at a time. • Delete any shortcuts to the website in "favourites" and "bookmarks"
Chrome• Click on the spanner - top right corner• Select Clear Browsing Data from the drop down box• Ensure that Empty the Cache and Delete Cookies are checked• Select Everything from the drop down box• Click the 'Clear Browsing Data button• Delete any shortcuts to the website in "favourites" and "bookmarks"
Firefox • Click the following link: Click here • Delete any shortcuts to the website in "favourites" and "bookmarks"